Our tried and tested halloumi, courgette mint fritters make a perfect light meal option as the nights starts drawing in.
Perfect as part of a Mezze Platter.
- 240g Halloumi cheese, grated
- ½ Red onion, finely diced
- 1 Large chilli, trimmed and finely diced
- 3 Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Small bunch of mint, finely chopped
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Courgettes, grated
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 100-150g breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons plain flour
- Light cooking oil (such as rapeseed, groundnut or sunflower oil)
- To serve, lemon wedges and salad
- Put the grated halloumi in a bowl with the onion, chilli, garlic, mint and grated lemon rind and mix together well.
- Wrap the courgettes in a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Tip into the bowl along with the eggs and just enough of the breadcrumbs to hold everything together. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into egg-sized patties, adding more breadcrumbs if the mix is very sticky. Toss the fritters lightly in the flour to coat, shaking off the excess.
- Warm a splash of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the fritters in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with salad and lemon wedges.
Buy Now, Mildreds The Cookbook
For more recipes from Iggy & Burt head over to our food blog