Makes 30 Caramel Turtles
100g raw pecans
80ml cashew butter
400g dark chocolate, 75% or higher
2tsp vanilla extract
80ml brown rice syrup
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1. Use a baking tray and line it with baking paper, ensure the tray can fit into the freezer.
2. Stir together the cashew butter, syrup, vanilla and salt until they are completely mixed together.
3. The result is a really sticky mixture. Take a teaspoon and scoop some of the caramel onto the tray. (You may need another teaspoon to help you remove it).
4. Press a whole pecan on one side if the caramel blob, so that they are peeking over the edge a bit. Add two halves to the sides. Repeat until you've used all the caramel.
5. Place the tray into the freezer for at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
6. Once the caramels have chilled, its time to prepare the chocolate. Warm up a saucepan of hot water until it boils then turn the heat off completely.
7. Place a heatproof bowl on top and place the chocolate pieces in it and stir until melted.
8. Remove the caramels from the freezer, and one at a time drop each caramel in the chocolate, remove from the bowl with a fork.
9. Place back on the baking sheet and sprinkle with some flakes of sea salt. Repeat until all the caramels are complete.
10. Place them inside the freezer until they set. Then store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve up.